Sales Team Business Administration Apprentice.
As part of The Flow Group’s continual growth, we require a well presented, customer service-oriented Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice to join our Sales Team.
The successful candidate will create bespoke quotes for prospects and clients, passed on by our Sales Consultants. Upon acceptance of these quotes, you will be required to process the entire job, which often includes liaising with clients, suppliers and our internal team. The quotes and processing will cover all our services across all brands, which include:
- Direct Mail
- Leaflet Distribution
- Contract Packing
- Pick & Pack
- Hybrid Mail
Our Sales Teams’ core purpose is to educate, advise, and provide solutions for new leads and existing customers to build their business as simple as possible.
Every new lead or existing client should come away convinced about our core values:
- “This will build my business.”
- “This is a no-brainer decision.”
- “I was advised and educated rather than sold to.”
Everything we do is to make life simpler, faster and cheaper for our new leads and existing customers.
Deal with quotes and process bookings for new, existing and potential clients following the processes laid out on Filemaker (our CRM software), which typically includes:
- Data Gathering (the lead has expressed interest and requires us to gather info to send them a quote, or they need to come back with more information before quoting).
- Send quote (a quote or estimate has been provided based on the info we have).
- Await or follow up for quote approved (the lead likes the price and would like to go ahead).
- Send one pre-populated email to onboard the client. This includes a pre-populated campaign agreement accessed via a link to Docusign (Campaign agreement to be auto-populated to Docusign), pre-populated invoice attached and text to explain payment method with link to Stripe Direct Debit registration.
- If necessary, send over the design brief document. It may be appropriate to do this with or on behalf of the client.
- If the client refuses Stripe direct debits, establish reasons and form a solution, E.g. consider a credit check – if approved, requote on 30-day terms.
- Upon receipt of the signed campaign agreement and payment approval via Stripe, raise the job ticket and invoice.
- Once payment is received, perform Job bag creation: with tasks auto-generated but to date, namely: Action bookings, design by RD, artwork approval, create print PO and order, send print approval to the client, receive approval on print, receive/chase print confirmation to proceed.
- Process fulfilment of job as per that service, as laid out on Filemaker.
- The system will automatically notify clients of start and finish dates (where applicable). Upon completion/commencement (if applicable) organise and send the ‘Thank you pack’.
Throughout all of these stages, continually update progress records on Filemaker. Utilise Filemaker to monitor the number of touchpoints, and establish a sales pipeline/funnel – if we are losing customers, at what point in the process do we lose them – establish why and what we can do about it.
Contribute to the Team
- Assist other colleagues with their duties where needed.
- Help ensure the office is presentable.
- Contribute to strategy as a whole, particularly sales, marketing and administration.
- Contribute to blog writing, social media posts and PR.
- Attend and contribute to monthly 1-on-1 and department meetings.
- Attend staff socials as much as possible.
- Partake in internal and external training covering our services and performance enhancement.
- Learn how to do production based roles so that when called upon, you can contribute. This also provides a greater understanding of our products and services, which you can pass onto our clients.
The Sales Teams’ KPIs are:
- Value of GP from sales p/m
- No. of multi-stage campaigns signed p/m
- No. of 5* testimonials received p/m
Points to Remember
To ensure we grow as a business and you as a Sales Team member, we need to maintain a healthy profit margin on each job we provide for a customer (the minimum margin will be allocated on Filemaker according to the service). As we will not always win a job on price, it is your responsibility to add value with the advice and solutions you provide on quotes and the quality of service you provide throughout sales processing. This will ensure customer advocacy and long term client relationships.
We hope the Quotes & Processing Apprentice will be promoted to Quotes & Processing Manager upon successful completion of their apprenticeship. This is subject to achieving set accountabilities and a review by the Head of Department. In return for your diligent hard work, this would also result in a pay rise.
Basic Job Details
Start Date: From w/c 19/7/21.
Contract: Permanent, with a 3 month probation period.
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week Monday-Friday.
Salary: Starting at £4.50 p/h. This will increase to £5.50 p/h, on successfully passing your probation period. You will also be entitled to join our Pension Scheme.